Friday, January 18, 2008

In Bruges

As the earlier photos indicate, we all got into the opening night film In Bruges tonight.


This one starred Colin Farrell and was made in and Irish-American partnership.

I'm surprised to tell you I actually liked it. After seeing the trailer ad nauseum over the past several weeks, I was ready to either skip it or hate it. But - it was in fact quite good. It centered upon two hitmen holed up in Bruges on the orders of the big boss. What they expected would be a boring two weeks turns into much more, of course.

What really stood out for me was the dialogue - some of the craziest, most offensive and hilarious shit comes out of the mouths of these characters, particularly the one Colin Farrell played.

And while the trailer made it out to be super accessible and mainstream (hi, it's a trailer, of course that's what it did), the film definitely had the heart of a Sundance movie.

Everyone in my hotel room is sleeping, so I'd better do the same. The alarm is set for 6:45 which is in less than six hours - kill me now?

Celebrity sightings tonight: Colin Farrell introducing the films he's in, Mary Kate Olsen coming out of In Bruges... no photos though, sorry!

No comments: