Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sorry

I have fallen behind in updates because I was sick all day yesterday, boo! Only made it to three movies!

I will say that I just saw my favorite film so far, The Wackness. It was a coming of age tale of a pot dealer's summer before he goes off to college. He struggles with falling in love and dealing with his family's financial problems.  The key relationship was between the boy and his psychiatrist (Ben Kingsley) who accepts pot for therapy sessions.

The film takes place in 1994. It was awesome to see how well they depicted. NYC in that period. The music, the fashion, the political climate.... I think they truly nailed it.

I wonder if there will be a better film than this at the festival. Wow wow wow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'only saw 3 movies!' i love you. hope you are feeling much better! the wackness had better be coming out SOON.
-jackie